Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Philadelphia 76ers and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. It’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Oklahoma City Thunder as the 76ers lead 77-61.
The Sixers have been riding high on the performance of center Joel Embiid, who has posted a double-double on 24 points and 18 rebounds in addition to five blocks. A double-double would be Embiid’s sixth in a row.
Center Derrick Favors has led the way so far for Oklahoma City, as he has 14 points along with six boards and three blocks. Those points put Favors near his season high of 15.
Oklahoma City has lost 89% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Oklahoma City @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Oklahoma City 17-37; Philadelphia 32-22
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder have quite the challenge ahead of them as they’re expected to be blown off the court 1. They will square off against the Philadelphia 76ers at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Wells Fargo Center. The Thunder haven’t won a matchup against Philadelphia since Nov. 15 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought.
Oklahoma City ended up a good deal behind the Toronto Raptors when they played on Wednesday, losing 117-98. Oklahoma City’s defeat came about despite a quality game from power forward Aleksej Pokusevski, who had 18 points.
Meanwhile, the 76ers were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 114-109 to the Phoenix Suns. Despite the loss, Philadelphia got a solid performance out of center Joel Embiid, who dropped a double-double on 34 points and 12 rebounds. That makes it five consecutive games in which Embiid has had at least ten rebounds.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. We’ll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The 76ers are a big 14-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the 76ers, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 12.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won eight out of their last 13 games against Philadelphia.
- Oct 24, 2021 – Philadelphia 115 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Apr 26, 2021 – Philadelphia 121 vs. Oklahoma City 90
- Apr 10, 2021 – Philadelphia 117 vs. Oklahoma City 93
- Jan 06, 2020 – Philadelphia 120 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Nov 15, 2019 – Oklahoma City 127 vs. Philadelphia 119
- Feb 28, 2019 – Philadelphia 108 vs. Oklahoma City 104
- Jan 19, 2019 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Philadelphia 115
- Jan 28, 2018 – Oklahoma City 122 vs. Philadelphia 112
- Dec 15, 2017 – Oklahoma City 119 vs. Philadelphia 117
- Mar 22, 2017 – Oklahoma City 122 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Oct 26, 2016 – Oklahoma City 103 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Mar 18, 2016 – Oklahoma City 111 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Nov 13, 2015 – Oklahoma City 102 vs. Philadelphia 85
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Andre Drummond: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Seth Curry: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Paul Millsap: Out (Personal)
- James Harden: Out (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Aaron Wiggins: Out (Ankle)
- Mike Muscala: Out (Ankle)
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Ankle)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: Out (Foot)