Through 3 Quarters
We’ve seen some fireworks three quarters in as the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Detroit Pistons have combined for 199 points. Three quarters in and Minnesota’s offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating Detroit 105-94.
The Timberwolves have enjoyed the tag-team combination of center Karl-Anthony Towns and power forward Taurean Prince. The former has 21 points along with nine boards, while the latter has 18 points in addition to six rebounds. A double-double would be Towns’ third in a row.
Detroit has lost 94% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Minnesota @ Detroit
Current Records: Minnesota 26-25; Detroit 12-38
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Detroit Pistons at 7 p.m. ET Thursday at Little Caesars Arena. Detroit will need to watch out since the Timberwolves have now posted big point totals in their last three contests.
Minnesota didn’t have too much trouble with the Denver Nuggets at home on Tuesday as they won 130-115. Minnesota’s center Karl-Anthony Towns did his thing and dropped a double-double on 24 points and ten rebounds along with seven dimes.
Meanwhile, Detroit came up short against the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday, falling 111-101. Shooting guard Cory Joseph (18 points) and power forward Jerami Grant (17 points) were the top scorers for Detroit.
The Timberwolves are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Minnesota’s win brought them up to 26-25 while the Pistons’ defeat pulled them down to 12-38. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Minnesota is worst in the league in fouls per game, with 21.8 on average. Detroit has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the second most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 21.4 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena — Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Bally Sports – Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.70
The Timberwolves are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Detroit have won eight out of their last 11 games against Minnesota.
- May 11, 2021 – Minnesota 119 vs. Detroit 100
- Dec 23, 2020 – Minnesota 111 vs. Detroit 101
- Nov 11, 2019 – Minnesota 120 vs. Detroit 114
- Mar 06, 2019 – Detroit 131 vs. Minnesota 114
- Dec 19, 2018 – Detroit 129 vs. Minnesota 123
- Nov 19, 2017 – Detroit 100 vs. Minnesota 97
- Oct 25, 2017 – Detroit 122 vs. Minnesota 101
- Feb 03, 2017 – Detroit 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Dec 09, 2016 – Detroit 117 vs. Minnesota 90
- Dec 31, 2015 – Detroit 115 vs. Minnesota 90
- Nov 20, 2015 – Detroit 96 vs. Minnesota 86
Injury Report for Detroit
- Josh Jackson: Out (Back)
- Jamorko Pickett: Out (Toe)
- Isaiah Livers: Out (Foot)
- Cade Cunningham: Out (Hip)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Leandro Bolmaro: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- D’Angelo Russell: Out (Lower Leg)
- Josh Okogie: Out (Quadriceps)