Through 3 Quarters
The Minnesota Timberwolves were the heavy favorites here for a reason. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Oklahoma City Thunder as Minnesota lead 101-79.
The Timberwolves have been led by shooting guard Malik Beasley, who so far has shot 9-for-13 from downtown and has recorded 27 points and five rebounds. Oklahoma City has been relying on the performance of small forward Aaron Wiggins, who has shot 5-for-6 from beyond the arc and has recorded 23 points and six boards. Wiggins is close to surpassing his season high of 24.
OKC has lost 87% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this contest will end the same way.
Oklahoma City @ Minnesota
Current Records: Oklahoma City 20-45; Minnesota 37-29
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves will play host again and welcome the Oklahoma City Thunder to Target Center, where tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Minnesota knows how to get points on the board — the team has finished with flashy point totals in its past five matchups — so hopefully Oklahoma City likes a good challenge.
A well-balanced attack led the Timberwolves over the Portland Trail Blazers every single quarter on their way to victory on Monday. Minnesota took their matchup at home with ease, bagging a 124-81 win over Portland. With Minnesota ahead 61-34 at the half, the game was all but over already. It was another big night for their center Karl-Anthony Towns, who posted a double-double on 27 points and 13 rebounds.
Meanwhile, OKC was expected to have a tough go of it on Tuesday, and that’s exactly how things played out. They have to be aching after a bruising 142-115 defeat to the Milwaukee Bucks. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who almost dropped a triple-double on 33 points, 14 dimes, and eight boards. The contest made it Gilgeous-Alexander’s third in a row with at least 33 points.
The Timberwolves are the favorite in this one, with an expected 15.5-point margin of victory. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Minnesota is now 37-29 while OKC sits at 20-45. Two offensive stats to keep an eye on: Minnesota enters the game with 114.4 points per game on average, good for second best in the league. Less enviably, Oklahoma City has only been able to knock down 42.30% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Oklahoma City.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
The Timberwolves are a big 15.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Timberwolves, as the game opened with the Timberwolves as a 14-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 13 out of their last 25 games against Minnesota.
- Mar 04, 2022 – Minnesota 138 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Jan 07, 2022 – Minnesota 135 vs. Oklahoma City 105
- Jan 05, 2022 – Minnesota 98 vs. Oklahoma City 90
- Mar 22, 2021 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Minnesota 103
- Feb 06, 2021 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Minnesota 118
- Feb 05, 2021 – Minnesota 106 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Jan 25, 2020 – Oklahoma City 113 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 13, 2020 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Minnesota 104
- Dec 06, 2019 – Oklahoma City 139 vs. Minnesota 127
- Apr 07, 2019 – Oklahoma City 132 vs. Minnesota 126
- Mar 05, 2019 – Minnesota 131 vs. Oklahoma City 120
- Jan 08, 2019 – Minnesota 119 vs. Oklahoma City 117
- Dec 23, 2018 – Minnesota 114 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Jan 10, 2018 – Minnesota 104 vs. Oklahoma City 88
- Dec 01, 2017 – Oklahoma City 111 vs. Minnesota 107
- Oct 27, 2017 – Minnesota 119 vs. Oklahoma City 116
- Oct 22, 2017 – Minnesota 115 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Apr 11, 2017 – Oklahoma City 100 vs. Minnesota 98
- Jan 13, 2017 – Minnesota 96 vs. Oklahoma City 86
- Dec 25, 2016 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Minnesota 100
- Nov 05, 2016 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Minnesota 92
- Mar 11, 2016 – Minnesota 99 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Jan 27, 2016 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. Minnesota 123
- Jan 15, 2016 – Oklahoma City 113 vs. Minnesota 93
- Jan 12, 2016 – Oklahoma City 101 vs. Minnesota 96
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Taurean Prince: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Patrick Beverley: Out (Ankle)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: Out (Quadriceps)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Derrick Favors: Out (Back)
- Kenrich Williams: Out (Knee)
- Tre Mann: Out (Ankle)
- Josh Giddey: Out (Hip)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: Out (Foot)
- Mike Muscala: Out for the Season (Ankle)
- Ty Jerome: Out for the Season (Groin)
- Luguentz Dort: Out for the Season (Shoulder)