Marquette @ Creighton
Regular Season Records: Marquette 19-11; Creighton 20-10
What to Know
The Marquette Golden Eagles have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Creighton Bluejays and are hoping to record their first win since Dec. 14 of 2020. Marquette and Creighton are set to clash at 2:30 p.m. ET March 10 at Madison Square Garden in the second round of the Big East Conference Tourney. The Golden Eagles will be strutting in after a victory while Creighton will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Marquette was able to grind out a solid win over the St. John’s Red Storm on Saturday, winning 85-77. It was another big night for Marquette’s forward Justin Lewis, who had 28 points along with seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Bluejays were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Saturday as they fell 65-60 to the Seton Hall Pirates. One thing holding Creighton back was the mediocre play of guard Alex O’Connell, who did not have his best game: he finished with only six points on 1-for-11 shooting in his 36 minutes on the court.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Golden Eagles are expected to win a tight contest Thursday. But bettors beware: they are only 4-8 against the spread when favored.
Creighton’s loss took them down to 20-10 while Marquette’s win pulled them up to 19-11. A win for the Bluejays would reverse both their bad luck and Marquette’s good luck. We’ll see if Creighton manages to pull off that tough task or if Marquette keeps their momentum going instead.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Golden Eagles are a 3-point favorite against the Bluejays, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Golden Eagles as a 2.5-point favorite.
Creighton and Marquette both have seven wins in their last 14 games.
- Feb 20, 2022 – Creighton 83 vs. Marquette 82
- Jan 01, 2022 – Creighton 75 vs. Marquette 69
- Feb 06, 2021 – Creighton 71 vs. Marquette 68
- Dec 14, 2020 – Marquette 89 vs. Creighton 84
- Feb 18, 2020 – Creighton 73 vs. Marquette 65
- Jan 01, 2020 – Creighton 92 vs. Marquette 75
- Mar 03, 2019 – Creighton 66 vs. Marquette 60
- Jan 09, 2019 – Marquette 106 vs. Creighton 104
- Mar 03, 2018 – Marquette 85 vs. Creighton 81
- Feb 17, 2018 – Marquette 90 vs. Creighton 86
- Mar 04, 2017 – Marquette 91 vs. Creighton 83
- Jan 21, 2017 – Marquette 102 vs. Creighton 94
- Feb 24, 2016 – Marquette 66 vs. Creighton 61
- Feb 13, 2016 – Creighton 65 vs. Marquette 62
Injury Report for Creighton
- Devin Davis: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- John Christofilis: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Shereef Mitchell: Out (Undisclosed)
- Ryan Nembhard: Out for the Season (Wrist)
Injury Report for Marquette
- Keeyan Itejere: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)